Thursday, December 20, 2012

Home office in TULSA


This project was one of my clients in Tulsa, Ok.  A home office in need of a little organization and furniture rearranging.  This project took about 5 hours and a little computer tech work from a self-confessed non-techy!  So proud of myself!  We moved the desk and file hutch to a better direction for easier flow going into the room.  This client was ready to get rid of binders and papers from previous projects that were cluttering up the office cabinets.  We moved them to a labelled box in the attic in case they needed to refer back to them.  Something I always tell my clients when I am in the process of taking EVERYTHING out to clean is that if it doesn't have a purpose right now then find a new place for it (ex: attic shelf or garage shelf).  Don't let old projects and papers clutter your mind and office in your newly organized space!  I also want to point out that I left the client with a large box of papers to go through.  I do that so my client doesn't feel overwhelmed at the time we are halfway through the mess.  I give them a pile to sort through, on their time, in a nice clean spot.  I find it is best after I have made a "home" for all the papers to go to (ex: labelled file folders) then they are less likely to bring something in that doesn't belong.  

BEFORE
AFTER
BEFORE


AFTER



Box of papers to go through.

I know this picture is blurry, but I wanted to point out this desk organizer I used.  It's from Office Max and it is so simple, but so effective.  



No comments:

Post a Comment