Hello Friends! It is time to decorate for the holidays. Have you opened the same boxes year after year and said "oh I really don't like that _____ anymore" and put it back in the box? STOP! This year as you are opening each box of Holiday decor try to make a point of getting rid of what you don't use this season. It might be time to freshen up the decorations. Head to your nearest Hobby Lobby or Garden Ridge to get some inexpensive replacements. Goodwill always accepts donations!
Or what my family is going to do is take all the solid bulbs I don't like anymore (my purple ones....I went through a purple phase ;)) and any extra stuff I find, to go decorate one of our trees on HWY 360 here in Austin. I love this city and their quirky traditions like decorating big evergreen trees along side the road!
Now, when you put your decor back, there are a few ways you can try to stay organized in the attic or garage:
1. Put all (Christmas/Hanukkah/winter) decor all in the same color plastic totes.
2. Label all totes (whatever holiday first) then what is in it. Ex: Christmas-ornaments.
3. Put them all in the same area.
4. Wreaths in actual wreath boxes. You paid good money for that wreath, store it correctly!
5. Don't forget to store all candles in the house in a box marked holiday candles!